Smooth chocolate with soul! You can download the recipe card in the gallery at the bottom of the page #CMSUnplugged
what you need: mousse
- ¾ cup Castor Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Cake Flour
- 115g Dark Chocolate, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup Heavy Cream
- ¼ cup Castle Milk Stout Chocolate
- 1 large Egg Yolk
- ½ tsp. Vanilla Essence
what you need: whipped cream
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- ¼ cup Castor Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Castle Chocolate Milk Stout
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Essence
what to do
- In a medium sized pot, over a low heat, whisk together the castor sugar and flour.
- Then add the cream, Castle Chocolate Milk Stout and egg yolk [pot not too hot or the egg will scramble].
- Whisk until combined, then add the chopped chocolate and vanilla essence.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and keep whisking for 1 minute until melted and glossy.
- Remove quickly from the heat, allow to cool for 5 minutes then spoon into serving glasses.
- Place in the fridge, allow to set for 2 hours.
- Just prior to serving, make the whipped cream by adding the heavy cream, castor sugar, Castle Chocolate Milk Stout and vanilla essence into a bowl.
- Whisk until stiff peaks form. Spoon on top of the chocolate mousse and serve!
- SERVES 4
- HANDS-ON TIME 20 min
- TOTAL TIME 2 hours