The comfort of cheese taste, anytime, any day, always good
what you need
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Flour
- 1 tsp. Wholegrain Mustard
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. ground Black Pepper
- ½ cup Castle Milk Stout
- ¾ cup Heavy Cream
- 1 ½ cups grated Mature Cheddar Cheese, and 100g for grilling
- 60g Stilton Blue Cheese (or Blue Cheese of your choice)
- 6 slices crusty Bread (Sourdough works best)
what to do
- In a saucepan over a medium heat, melt the butter and whisk in the flour until smooth – about 1 minute (be careful not to burn).
- Whisk in wholegrain mustard, salt, pepper, Castle Milk Stout and cream until smooth and well combined.
- Gradually add 1 ½ cups of mature cheddar cheese, whisking continuously until cheese melts and mixture is smooth (4-5 minutes).
- Remove saucepan from heat and allow mixture to cool and slightly set.
- Butter both sides of bread and lightly toast both sides in a hot dry pan.
- Remove from pan and spread with a layer of the Stilton Blue Cheese on one side.
- Spread the same side with a layer of the beer and cheese mixture and top with the remaining 100g of grated cheddar cheese.
- Place under the grill in the oven and grill till golden. Serve warm.
- SERVES 6
- HANDS-ON TIME 15 min
- TOTAL TIME 30 min